You are here
|Lumentum Spinoff | Stock | Stockholder | Financial | Corporate|
- 1. When did Lumentum become an independent publicly-traded company?
Lumentum became an independent publicly-traded company on August 1, 2015 when JDS Uniphase Corporation (now renamed as Viavi Solutions Inc.) completed the spinoff of its Communications and Commercial Optical Product business segment. Lumentum began its first day of trading on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol LITE on August 4, 2015.
- 2. What was the share distribution in connection with Lumentum’s spinoff?
JDS Uniphase Corporation (ticker: JDSU) stockholders who held shares of JDSU on July 27 and did not sell them before August 4 received 1 share of Lumentum (ticker: LITE) stock for every 5 shares of JDSU stock. Shares of JDSU stock were renamed Viavi Solutions Inc. (ticker: VIAV).
- 3. What is my stock purchase cost basis for Viavi shares and Lumentum shares I received in the distribution?
Please refer to Viavi Solutions Inc. Investor Relations page for further information and IRS stock cost basis Form 8937.
- 4. What are the income tax consequences of the Lumentum share distribution to JDSU stockholders?
Please refer to Viavi Solutions Inc. Investor Relations for information regarding the income tax consequences of the distribution.
- 1. On which stock exchanges are Lumentum shares traded?
Lumentum common shares are traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the trading symbol LITE.
- 2. How many shares are outstanding?
The latest SEC Form 10-Q or 10-K lists the shares outstanding as of the dates listed thereon. These forms are available under SEC Filings.
- 3. How can I obtain your SEC documents, such as your Form 10-K?
SEC documents can be accessed from SEC Filings.
- 1. Who are the independent auditors for Lumentum?
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP are the independent auditors for Lumentum.
- 2. Does Lumentum have a direct purchase plan or a direct reinvestment plan?
Lumentum does not administer a direct purchase plan or a direct reinvestment plan.
- 3. Does Lumentum issue cash dividends?
Lumentum does not currently pay cash dividends.
- 4. I did not receive my annual report and proxy statement. Who should I contact?
Please contact Computershare, our stock transfer agent.
- 5. Who is the stock transfer agent for Lumentum?
For shareholders of common stock who elect to hold their stock certificates personally, our transfer agent is Computershare.
- 6. How do I report a change of mailing address?
You may change your current mailing address by accessing your account and completing the change of address form. If you do not know how to access your account and you hold stock in a brokerage account, please contact your broker to update your address. If you hold a stock certificate, please contact Computershare.
- 7. How do I replace a lost or stolen certificate(s)?
To begin the certificate replacement process, first access your account. Complete and submit the Lost Certificate(s) form. Upon receipt, we will begin the replacement process and mail the necessary forms to the mailing address maintained on the account. The forms will be accompanied by a cover letter explaining the process. If you do not know how to access your account, please contact our transfer agent, Computershare.
- 8. How can I sell my shares?
You may contact a broker of your choice.
- 1. Why does Lumentum report non-GAAP results?
We provide non-GAAP financial information to supplement our GAAP financial results filed with the SEC. Non-GAAP information exclude various items, including stock based compensation, amortization of intangibles, and certain non-recurring or extraordinary charges and credits. Non-GAAP financial information is used by management to evaluate core business operating performance and for comparison to competitors and other industry participants. Providing non-GAAP information gives investors and analysts the ability to view business performance through the same lens as management. Any non-GAAP financial information is not intended to supersede or replace GAAP financials. On a regular basis we provide a reconciliation between our GAAP and non-GAAP results which can be found in documents in the investor relations section of our website.
- 2. When does your fiscal year end?
Our fiscal year ends on the last Saturday in the month of June.
- 3. When will your results be announced?
Details regarding our results release dates are available on our IR Calendar.
- 1. What business is Lumentum in?
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.
- 2. Where are Lumentum headquarters?
400 North McCarthy Boulevard, Milpitas CA 95035 USA
- 3. How can I obtain a copy of your annual report?
- 4. I would like to be on your quarterly mailing list.
We encourage stockholders to stay informed by registering for e-mail alerts that will notify them whenever new information is available on Lumentum.
- 5. Who should I contact for further information?
Contact Contact Investor Relations for more information.