The Board of Directors and management of Lumentum believe that good corporate governance is an important component in enhancing investor confidence in the Company and increasing shareholder value. The imperative to continue to develop and implement best practices throughout our corporate governance structure is fundamental to our strategy to enhance performance by creating an environment that increases operational efficiency and ensures long-term productivity growth. Solid corporate governance practices also ensure alignment with shareholder interests by promoting fairness, transparency and accountability in business activities among employees, management and the Board.
Our corporate governance practices represent our firm commitment to the highest standards of corporate ethics, compliance with laws, financial transparency and reporting with objectivity and the highest degree of integrity. Representative steps we have taken to fulfill this commitment include, among others:
- All members of the Board of Directors are independent with the exception of the company’s Chief Executive Officer. Director independence is determined in accordance with the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 and The Nasdaq Rules 4200 (a)(15).
- All members of our key Board committees - the Audit Committee, the Governance Committee, and the Compensation Committee - are independent.
- The charters of the committees within the Board of Directors clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities.
- All employees and members of the Board of Directors are responsible for complying with our Code of Business Conduct and our Insider Trading Policy.
- We have an anonymous hotline to encourage employees to report questionable activities to the General Counsel and Audit Committee.
- Our independent accountants report directly to the Audit Committee.
- Our internal audit control function maintains critical supervision over the key areas of our business and financial controls and reports directly to our Audit Committee.
- We have established procedures for shareholders to communicate with the Board of Directors by contacting the Investor Relations department.
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without the presence of management.
- Alan Lowe, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Aaron Tachibana, Chief Financial Officer
- Doug Alteen, Vice President, Product Line Management, Optical Communications
- Chris Coldren, Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development
- Judy Hamel, General Counsel and Secretary
- Sharon Parker, Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Chris Pfistner, Vice President, Product Line Management, Datacom
- Jason Reinhardt, Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Product Line Management
- Vince Retort, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Alex Schoenfelder, Vice President, Product Line Management, Commercial Lasers
- Shreyas Shah, Senior Vice President IT, Chief Information Officer
| ||Audit Committee||Compensation Committee||Governance Committee|
|Harold Covert |
Former executive vice president and chief financial officer of Lumos Networks Corporation
|Penelope Herscher |
President and chief executive officer of FirstRain
|Martin Kaplan |
Former executive vice president of Pacific Telesis Group, Inc.
|Brian Lillie |
Chief information officer of Equinix, Inc.
|Samuel Thomas |
Director, chairman and chief executive officer of Chart Industries, Inc.